Friday, February 10, 2017

Writing Is Good For A Broken Heart

                    Writing Is Good For A Broken Heart

Now I know why I started writing 7 years ago.  It helps a broken heart.

Even if no one sees my blog I am writing to help mend my mind and heart.  

Seven years ago I lost my Mom and shortly after I lost my Dad.  
Feeling like an orphan in the state you were born, raised and grew up in, to suddenly realize your home state is not home any more. 

My nephew from California flew in Tuesday evening to spend a few days with his favorite Aunt, or let's say his only Aunt.  Tuesday evening we saw "La La Land" together.  He laughed. I cried.  :( Wednesday we went and saw the last time the Lakers and Pistons  would play at the Palace.  Pistons won!! I have always teased this nephew they were the Faker Lakers! lol   He knew I was kidding, well not really. Thursday we went to Supino's in Downtown Detroit.  The "D" has come a long way!! It's nice going to Detroit.

Friday was the day I was dreading.  I had to take my nephew to the airport to head back to California.  We hugged; I kissed his cheek.  He got on the plane and I got in my car with tears and an empty heart.   

Family is everything. Or at least to me it is.  So I sit here and type, releasing tears as they fall down my cheek, humming to the tune of Carole King's "So Far Away."

The rainbow is a promise of sunshine after the rain; of the calm after the storms; of joy after sadness; of peace after pain; of love after loss;  My heart is feeling the emptiness.   

Michigan I hear my heart saying it's time to let this chapter of my life go.  Michigan is not home any more.  



No comments: